Here you will find the Top 10 ways to shrink your midsection. If you can follow all 10 tips, you could lose up to an inch around your tummy in just a couple of weeks!
1. Drink 64 oz of water every single day. You just need tons of water. Drinking adequate amounts of water will flush out toxins, help lubricate your joints, improve your skin, decrease fatigue, and improve your body's ability to burn calories.
2. Meditate - Meditation will help you become more aware of what is going on inside you. You will become more in-tune with your body, your thoughts and your actions. This, in turn, will help you become more aware of what you are putting into your body and why. Which can help curb binge eating and emotional eating.
3. Strengthen; but ditch the crunches - The best core exercises you can do are planks, side planks, and mountain climbers. These moves will strengthen the core without compromising the back. Pull the belly button into the spine and squeeze as deeply as you can!
4. Pass on the pasta - Simple carbs (anything white such as rice, pasta and baked goods) are not only full of empty calories, but they will cause your insulin levels to spike and will keep you puffy for days.
5. Add more vegetables to your diet - Add more veggies and you'll eat less junk food. That's just how it goes. However you should note that you may feel a little bloated and gassy if you start eating tons of greens out of nowhere. Rest assured that will go away as your body gets used to the idea of eating so much fiber. Another reason to drink tons of water.
6. Pick up some weights - Building muscle by incorporating weight-bearing activities will automatically increase your metabolism. Muscle burns more calories than fat at a resting state. This means that the more muscle you have, the faster you will burn those calories - even when you are doing nothing.
7. Skip the Cocktails - Alcohol is loaded with calories and sugar. Not only that, but it can raise cortisol levels, a stress hormone that contributes to belly fat.
8. Eat berries - Raspberries, blueberries, blackberries or strawberries. Not only are they loaded with antioxidants, they are packed with fiber to help fight constipation and belly bloat.
9. Drink a protein shake - According to a study in The Journal of Nutrition, participants whose diets included whey protein for 23 weeks had less body fat and a smaller waist than those who consumed soy protein. In fact, dieters who included whey protein in their meal plan doubled their fat loss compared with those who ate the same number of calories but didn't drink any shakes. Try including a whey protein shake once a day or at least a few times a week. Prefer plant-based diets? Some shakes are made with pea protein instead of soy. Just check the label. ALWAYS make sure your shakes are made with real food and not processed junk you can't pronounce.
10. Consume healthy fats - No cheeseburgers here. Duh. You have to include the right fats--primarily monounsaturated fats (MUFAs) like nuts, avocados, and healthy oils--and stay away from processed foods that contain trans fats, such as baked goods. Healthy fats pack a lot of nutrition and as long as you indulge in moderation, you will feel full without expanding your waistline.
Hope that helps! Give it a try and let me know how it goes. Also, please let me know if you have any questions!