Holy cow, these were delicious! And so easy to make. I can tell you that since I'm six months pregnant, the very last thing I want to do in the evenings is make dinner. But it only took about 10 minutes to prep and 20 minutes in the oven. Awesome.
I also made the pesto. I've never actually made pesto before. That just shows you how foolproof these are. There is no oil in the pesto so it's perfect for stuffing things. It won't leak out into the oven. I also used pine nuts but you could use cashews or walnuts. I got both recipes from www.thekitchenshed.co.uk.com and just converted them from metric measurements. I love her blog!
Oil Free Pesto for Stuffing Stuff:
1/4 cup pine nuts (or any nuts you'd like)
20 oz basil (1 small package)
20 oz kale
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1 pinch of salt
1. Place the pine nuts in a food processor and blend. They should look like breadcrumbs.
2. Add the basil and kale and blend until combined.
3. Add the lemon juice and blend a final time.
Turkey Meatballs with Pesto and Feta
1 lb Ground Turkey
4 T Pesto
2 oz Feta Cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix meat, cheese and pesto together.
3. Scoop out 1 TBSP of the mixture and place it on a greased pan. Continue until you have about 28 meatballs.
4. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
You could probably serve these with any sauce you'd like. I just ate them plain. Yum yum.